Your comprehensive training program includes a focus on drug discovery and development, as well as exposure to existing local and global Postdoctoral Research communities within AstraZeneca. Postdoctoral scientists will have the opportunity to conduct independent cutting-edge work in state-of-the-art laboratories while teaming with other AstraZeneca scientists.
Each Postdoctoral scientist will also be able to collaborate with a leading academic advisor who will provide further support and guidance. Additionally, the Postdoc will be encouraged to attend and present at international scientific conferences and publish high-profile papers.
• Expand cell lines like Min6cl4 and EndoC and isolate beta-cells from primary mouse and human tissue.
• Design, perform and evaluate knock down experiments on selected lncRNAs in cell lines as well as in primary cells using for example siRNA or CRISPR.
• Use unique in-house capabilities and collaborations to perform gain-of-function experiments on selected lncRNAs to further validate their role in beta-cell health
• Verify gene modifying efficiency by qPCR
• Perform functional studies like for example GSIS, proliferation and apoptosis assays.
• Analyze large RNA-Seq data sets
• Design and perform microarray expression experiments
• Interact and collaborate with scientists at AstraZeneca and our academic collaborator while at the same time drive the project independently
• Communicate results and novel findings both internally and at external conferences
• Publish scientific papers in high ranked journals
Minimum Requirements – Education and Experience
A PhD in one of the following areas: Cell and molecular biology, Biochemistry or RNA biology
• Good cell biology lab skills (e.g. cell culture, imaging, cell sorting, transfection, western blotting, qPCR)
• Solid experience in RNA biology
• Scientific track record in islet biology and specifically in beta-cell function
• Experience in performing functional studies (e.g. GSIS, proliferation and apoptosis assays)
• Bioinformatics experience to handle large and complex data sets
• Ability to work independently but collaboratively and generate hypotheses based on experimental data in a focused manner.
• A strong scientific track record, as evidenced by published papers in peer-reviewed journals
Other Skills & Capabilities
• Strong passion and commitment to science, and ability to collaborate and work independently with a clear focus on delivery.