HAYA Therapeutics is a precision therapeutics company that discovers and develops innovative tissue- and cell-selective genomic medicines for fibrotic diseases and other serious health conditions associated with aging, including cancer. The company’s discovery engine focuses on long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) within the “dark matter”of the human genome — key tissue and cell-specific drivers of fibrosis and other disease processes — to identify novel targets and drug candidates with the potential for greater efficacy and safety than existing treatments.
Headquartered in Lausanne (Switzerland), HAYA has now opened a new R&D branch in San Diego (USA) for the identification of novel lncRNA-targeting candidates for the treatment of fibrotic diseases in different tissues, including lungs, kidney, liver, and the micro-environment of solid tumor cancers.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates to join our R&D team in San Diego and contribute to the development and application of advanced technologies in RNA-based therapeutics. You will be an early member of a highly dynamic scientific team generating and experimentally executing on actionable pioneering hypotheses to drive novel platform and therapeutic applications.
HAYA seeks candidates who are creative, scientifically bold, independent, goal-oriented, excellent communicators, motivated to learn new skills and work collaboratively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Apply your scientific knowledge, critical thinking skills and creativity to design and execute experiments for the identification of novel lncRNA-targeting therapies in different contests and pathologies.
- Evaluation of the therapeutic potential and efficacy of novel targets using in vitro or in vivo pathological models.
- Aim for rapid proof-of-concept, strategic triage of ideas, and quickly translating new approaches into company assets.
- Develop and apply novel high-throughput methodologies to analyze nucleic acids expression, protein-DNA/RNA interactions and epigenetic conformations.
- Attend conferences, and develop relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Generate, interpret, and present data to the R&D teams and senior managers.
- Maintain an up-to-date electronic notebook record of performed studies.
The ideal candidate for this position needs:
- Ph.D. in molecular/cellular/RNA biology (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in RNA biology with a strong background in
molecular biology, epigenomic and gene transcription regulation.
- Experience in designing, performing and analyzing a wide array of molecular biology assays including nucleic acid extraction from isolated cells and tissues, qRT-PCR, lentiviral production, CRISPR assays, shRNA and siRNA transfection.
- Proficient with NGS technologies such as ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, PRO-seq, ATAC-seq and scRNA-seq.
- Experience in mammalian primary cell culture and general tissue culture techniques
- Proven track-record of scientific excellence as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record
- Proven knowledge of fibrotic diseases and fibroblast biology is a plus
- Bioinformatic skills for the analysis and interpretation of NGS assays are a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the US (EAD, green card or citizenship)
- Proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees.
If you think you are a strong fit for this position, please apply today! Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com Excellent salary and benefits package offered.LEARN MORE