PostDoc (2 years) position in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
The Department of Science and Technology, University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy (http://www.bioinformatics.unisannio.it)
Applications are invited for postdoctoral researchers (Assegno di ricerca) in Bioinformatics in the area of high throughput sequence analysis. The successful post-doc candidate will work in our group, a multidisciplinary bioinformatics team composed by computer and life sciences researchers. The candidate will have opportunities to be involved in cutting-edge research with a high potential for career development. The main activities will be focused on the development of novel algorithms in the context of long ncRNA discovery and regulation.
- Postgraduate or PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics or related fields
- Programming skills (at least Perl/Bioperl or R/Bioconductor)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Adequate level of English (or Italian)
- Age less or equal 32
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Good comprehension of biologically relevant problems and good problem-solving skills
The start date for this position is expected to be in May/June 2015 and its duration is of 2 (two) years.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants can send their application letter to:
lcerulo [at] unisannio [dot] it
ceccarelli [at] unisannio [dot] it
including, CV with a list of publications, a brief description of research interests, and the full contact information of two referees. The selected candidates will be included in a short list and contacted for an interview (by Skype video call).