To provide advanced technical research skills and establish test methods and procedures under the direction of a Research Scientist.
- Performs, designs and coordinates basic lab experiments (Medium to high complexity) independently and in consultation with supervisor.
- Perform and assists in basic molecular and cellular experiments including cloning, PCR, gene expression analysis, lipid extraction/analysis.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining rodent colony.
- Maintain records, set up breeding cages and timed mating, wean mice, collect tail biopsies, and genotyping.
- Analyze phenotypes of new mouse strains and crosses: behavioral screenings, measure body weights, excrement collection, treadmill and metabolic profiling.
- Analyses data (Medium to high complexity).
- Strong foundation in Molecular and Cell Biology including cloning, PCR, tissue culture, Biosafety Level 2, and other techniques.
- Familiarity with Long Noncoding RNA Biology.
- Working skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, PubMed, and EndNote.
- Ability to document and archive research programs and processes.
- Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to shift priorities and adapt to changes. Motivated individual who can maintain a positive and supportive attitude.